“play me” • acrylic on reclaimed bowls (11½” x 4″ deep, wired to hang)

play me

longest courtship in the history of romance

eternal infatuation

their light-filled love illuminates us all

side view of 'play me'

The title comes from Neil Diamond’s song ‘Play Me’

These following lyrics of his were swimming around my head every time I picked up this joyful duo to paint:

You are the sun

I am the moon

You are the words

I am the tune

Play me…

😊

Thanks, Neil!!!

All artwork, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

33 thoughts on ““play me” • acrylic on reclaimed bowls (11½” x 4″ deep, wired to hang)

1. Frances Elaina March 10, 2020 / 5:14 pm

Wow! These are really great 😀 Can’t decide which one I like more. Such a wonderfully joyful pair! ❤

2. ellie894 February 20, 2020 / 1:39 pm

I love that song and it’s perfect for these two eternally in love! All those wonderful colors! Absolutely skyful!! They bring me both joy and peace Katy, thank yo🌝💞🌞!!

• forresting365 February 19, 2020 / 11:12 am

Under Jonathan Livingston Seagull skies 🌀
      eatin’ porcupine pie….🤣❤️😄

• David Redpath February 19, 2020 / 11:29 am

Don’t let it get on your jeans, Katy👖
        It’s prickly and very hard to clean 💧

• forresting365 February 20, 2020 / 10:53 am

Also….I know it sounds a little strange
          but You gotta eat it with Love or Your hands will turn green!!! 🤣🌀💕

• David Redpath February 20, 2020 / 11:10 am

Sounds yum! ✔️
            So, If eaten with passion 💚
            you’ll grow of third thumb?!
            Preferably a green one 👍

• forresting365 February 20, 2020 / 11:28 am

Ah! Then fill my bowl!!! A third green thumb would be most welcome! 😃

3. Aimer Boyz February 18, 2020 / 4:31 pm

The bowls are beautiful and now that you’ve put the song in my head, I’ll have to add it to my playlist 🙂

• forresting365 February 19, 2020 / 11:06 am

Thank You, Peter!!! And I love the thought of You singing them. It’s such a sweet song, isn’t it? 🤗❤️😊

4. Irina Marques February 18, 2020 / 10:26 am

Oh! So beautiful! I love this – sun and moon – always trying to catch each other, in a sweet harmony that inspire all of us. Katy, this was absolutly amazing and inspiring. Thank you so much my friend. Love so much your works! Cheers. 😉

5. susannefe2014 February 18, 2020 / 9:23 am

The sun looks so funny, it’s my favorite. Thanks again for your energetic art, love Susanne ❤

• forresting365 February 18, 2020 / 11:29 am

Yeah….he cracks me up as well! He seems like a wonderfully impossible flirt! 😅Thank You, Susanne!!! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 February 18, 2020 / 11:28 am