"follow follow follow follow"

mine twists turns hides reveals

challenges nourishes taunts

gifts puzzles outrageous beauty strangeness and much love

skips rolls hides seeks

disappears altogether then wraps itself around my heart

laughs sings dances and drags its feet

utterly confuses me then grounds me sweetly

the only thing i think i’m certain of

is that

i’m definitely

“off to see the wizard!”

😄

•  •  •

I’m going through a phase where songs play through my head over and over and over on some of the pieces I’m playing around with. ‘Follow the Yellow Brick Road’ (by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg) from the ‘The Wizard of Oz’ took center stage in my brain while i was painting this one. Hence, the title!

All arwork, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

22 thoughts on ““follow follow follow follow” • acrylic on reclaimed wood (18″ x 24″ x ½” • approx. 45.7cm x 70cm x 1cm)

1. ellie894 February 27, 2020 / 3:38 am

It’s wonderful Katy! So many happy twists and turns. I can hear the song in my own head now and I’m delighted to wander along with you and your lovey and cheerful path! 🥰❤️🤗🧚‍♀️🦄🦋🦆😊

• forresting365 February 27, 2020 / 11:46 am

ThanK You, Suzanne!!! And Yay! I was able to procure some of that stardust champagne for all and I hear there are brilliant treats and secret, wonderful picnic stations set up hither and yon for all of us! We should have a blast!!! 😅🌀🦆🌈🥂🐬❤️And ducks! Of course random ducks are to make appearances to recite poetry!

• ellie894 February 27, 2020 / 3:46 pm

You have me smiling and the stars twinkling! I am furiously pondering! And that’s a good thing 🥰. Have the sweetest Thursday ever! 🤗🦆🌀🌈🥂🐬🦋❤️

• forresting365 February 28, 2020 / 11:31 am

😅Thank You!!! May Your Friday be absolutely wonderful!!! 🤗❤️🌀🦆😊

• ellie894 February 28, 2020 / 2:41 pm

Thank you!!! 🤩 May your Friday be equally as glorious…along the yellow brick road!!! 🥰❤️🎶🦆🌈🥳

• ellie894 March 1, 2020 / 3:59 pm

🤣 wellllll, I hope you went down the rabbit hole of a wonderful weekend full of tea parties and unbirthdays!!! 😊🐰☕️🍪🦆🦋💞🎉

2. Irina Marques February 25, 2020 / 3:42 pm

I absolutly love this work, looks very happy. Thank you so much for bring us such a amazing work and words. Cheers my friend 😉

• forresting365 February 26, 2020 / 10:16 am

YAY and Absolutely! It’s a magical road that is always big enough for whatever’s going on and whoever’s along for the journey!!! 🤗🌀😊

3. David Redpath February 25, 2020 / 9:06 am

I like the Chipmunks Rap version
    of that song, played at 45 rpm.
    You won’t find it on Spotify,. It’s
    a recording in my imagination 😎

• forresting365 February 25, 2020 / 1:00 pm

You are too funny! And of course, my circus mind produced it the second I read Your words and You know what? I love it!!! 🤣Well done, Sir David!!! 😅🌀🌝

4. susannefe2014 February 25, 2020 / 7:49 am

I will go with you too. This street looks like it leads to a beautiful peaceful area. Love Susanne