“Curiouser and curiouser!”

"curiouser and curiouser"

yeses become noes become maybes become hang ons

the rain keeps beat to a song i’ve never heard

which is odd because i’m a walking juke box

the frogs and crickets seem to know the tune

as does my breath

and all these

i

m

p

o

s

s

i

b

l

y

long for blog

p              a             u            s             e             s

•  •  •

The title is from a line by Lewis Carrol. Couldn’t find whether it’s in ‘Alices Adventures in Wonderland’ or ‘Through the Looking Glass’ and I can’t remember! But the entire brilliant quote is:

“Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).”

All artwork, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

17 thoughts on ““Curiouser and curiouser!”

1. Sandra March 20, 2020 / 2:01 pm

This is so clever, Katy! I love it. And the Carol reference is perfect. 💕

2. Isabelle March 8, 2020 / 10:36 pm

I loved the humour in the painting and the poem, and the way she was falling… Gorgeous! You’re such a creative soul! 💫💫

• forresting365 March 9, 2020 / 10:38 am

Wow! I’m getting binge read by Sweet Isabelle! What an honour. Thank You!!! 🤗❤️😊

3. Aimer Boyz March 2, 2020 / 2:51 am

Love your upsidedown woman. I’m thinking she’s happy; the unexpected is always more interesting 🙂

• forresting365 March 2, 2020 / 12:37 pm

Thank You, Aimer!!! Yeah….I swear. I always come back to that lesson that it’s all about One’s perspective, isn’t it?!! So I’m gonna say, “Yes!!! She’s happy!” 🤣🤗❤️🌀😊

4. Irina Marques February 29, 2020 / 4:25 pm

Wow! Simply love it! And the artwork, Katy! It’s absolutly amazing. Thank you so much 🙏😊

5. ellie894 February 29, 2020 / 2:15 pm

Falling…falling…falling … sweetly down a magical rabbit hole. Lovely Katy!! 🤗💖🎶🎶🎶

6. Anonymous February 29, 2020 / 6:57 am