it’s “i’ll read you a story!” time ๐Ÿ˜„

wave by/ยฉ Blissbait Art

Happy Saturday, Beautiful People All! I posted this a few years ago but thought it might be a fun distraction about now. Below You’ll find a little film of me reading (with text and illustrations) my very short, seriously silly story ‘Ode to Pipper Popper’.

“Not a fable. No moral here. Simply a bystander’s tale of a very old, outwardly odd and exceedingly cranky so and so who winds up on a journey he never bargained for!”

dancing with broom for blog

โ€ขย  ย โ€ขย  ย โ€ข

I hope Y’all have a wonderful weekend!

wave by/ยฉ Blissbait Art

All art, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/ยฉ Katy Boyer. All rights reserved.

'om' by/ยฉ Blissbait Art

64 thoughts on “it’s “i’ll read you a story!” time ๐Ÿ˜„

1. jonicaggiano December 28, 2020 / 2:36 pm

Katy this is just brilliant, Scott, and I just listened to the whole story, this time with the precious ending and I can’t believe a publisher didn’t get a hold of you to write more of these stories. I just sent it to my daughter so she can let our grandchildren listen. You have such a lovely voice, your voice is a little bit like Terry Gross on NPR, “Fresh Air.” I like it even better, you are a great narrator. What a lovely surprise to hear the whole story. I can’t wait till my grand babies get to listen to it. I love the ending because it is happy but a complete surprise. I really think you should repost it so everyone that is new to your site can hear it, and be sure if you do this to advertise your other books. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, what a special treat. Love you to pieces. J and S

• forresting365 December 29, 2020 / 8:57 pm

OH! HOW FUN!!! Yeah….A lot of people liked Pip and took joy in him but he’s not everyone’s cup of tea and none of the agents I sent it to responded. ๐Ÿ˜… I’ve even had friends think it’s very strange/dark/not for kids at all. I’m truly not sure what it is and say so on the cover, I think! ๐Ÿคฃ Anyway…he makes me laugh and I’m beyond honoured that Y’all are sharing it with Your grandchildren!!! That means the world to me!!! Smiling SOOO big! Thank Y’all!!! And Thank You for Your kindness about my narration and Your suggestion that I repost. I used to have it on a page on my blog so anyone could listen anytime. Perhaps I’ll put it back up. Can’t Thank Y’all enough for listening and sharing! Love You to pieces as well!!! Cheers and HUGE hugs! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š

• jonicaggiano December 29, 2020 / 11:54 pm

I think people would love to hear you narrating such an amazing book. You have a beautiful voice. We enjoyed it so much. I donโ€™t think it is dark at all. It is a wonderful and enchanting poetry book for all ages. Yes, my daughter is going to let our grandchildren listen. I sent them the link.
        Sending you more love. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธJoni

• forresting365 December 30, 2020 / 12:51 pm

Thank You, sweet Joni! You just gifted a HUGE smile! I don’t see darkness there either…I think death is a huge trigger for some people. That’s all I can fathom that might be seen as dark. Sending more Love right back! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿงš๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š!

• jonicaggiano December 30, 2020 / 2:32 pm

Yes I think you are right. We donโ€™t live in fear and I am guessing you donโ€™t either. Definitely nothing dark there. Sending love to the island with Spanish dancers ๐Ÿ‘ฏโ€โ™€๏ธ in boats to entertain you and your honey this evening. Love โค๏ธ and hugs my friend. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿงš๐Ÿป๐Ÿงš๐Ÿป

• forresting365 December 31, 2020 / 12:23 pm

WOW! Spanish dancers delivering Love?!!! How fun! You never cease to gift smiles or surprise!!! Thank You! We will board joyfully and dance the night away! I hope You and Scott have a WONDERFUL New Year’s Eve!!! The dragon’s will be sprinkling stardust confetti at the turn of the year so make sure Y’all are wearing Your fairy glasses!!! Huge hugs and Cheers!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿฅ‚

• jonicaggiano December 31, 2020 / 7:03 pm

Yea I canโ€™t wait to see them. Glad you like to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ. We will put on our glasses and watch for them. Thank you kind Katy. Sending love and bubble hugs. They encapsulate you in a clear bouncy material and you float up to the sky where angels surround you with their wings and give you so many hugs. You will glow for forty hours after so make sure you take Bill so you match. Happy New Year. ๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ

• forresting365 January 2, 2021 / 2:07 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!! BEST GIFT EVER!!!! Ok. WOW!!! You just gifted a mountain of JOY! Thank You beautiful Joni! I send the bubbles right back for Y’all as I can’t even think of a better gift! Cheers and Huge hugs! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿงš๐Ÿฝ

• jonicaggiano January 2, 2021 / 2:49 pm

Yea!!!! Love yโ€™all ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿงš๐Ÿป๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฆ‹

• forresting365 April 22, 2020 / 1:05 pm

Thank You, Susanne! I’m sorry it’s only in English! You are so sweet to have given it a listen! Sending huge hugs to You and Maria Rosa! I hope Y’all are well….๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• forresting365 April 21, 2020 / 10:47 am

Yay!!! Thank You, Doree! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• forresting365 April 21, 2020 / 10:23 am

Thank You, Drew! I hope You have a great week as well! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Leon Hieros April 18, 2020 / 8:55 pm

Reblogged this on in sacred Presence and commented:
    It may not be enough for you either, listening to this once. A few brilliantly healing minutes of storytelling prowess at its finest! Are we blessed and happy to have dearest Katy Boyer here with us!

• forresting365 April 19, 2020 / 10:18 am

Oh how fun! Thank You so much, Leon! I’m crazy honored and so happy You like it! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• forresting365 April 19, 2020 / 10:38 am

Good Morning, Leon! I was trying to do some sort of techno thing to allow my video to be shared…thought I had set it up that way. Had originally wanted to load it into youtube so it would be an easy share but I think I threw my original film out accidentally; can’t find it anywhere but had a copy here in my wordpress media…Laughing also because I never knew some of my art wouldn’t travel. ๐Ÿ˜…So, tried to fix this all just now and was unsuccessful. But Thanks again! You are very dear and I so love spending time at Your blog. AND….You got me back watching Mooji again, for which I am VERY grateful! It had been a few years and now I watch his channel often on my own time because of some of Your posts. So THANK YOU! I hope You and Yours are well!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ˜Š

• Leon Hieros April 19, 2020 / 1:09 pm

Jubilantly wonderful, Katy, thank You!
        We know we are where we are meant to be,
        when on our souls’ seeming paths there is this
        [Beautiful Hint of Nostalgia],
        embraced by the unconditional BLISS that we are.
        Yes, Dearest, thank you, all is unconditionally well!
        Showers of Love and Blessings to you and yours as well!
        Thanking you to Heaven for the beacon of Gratitude that you yourself keep,
        and… ahm… [โ€œThe question was…โ€]

• forresting365 April 20, 2020 / 1:55 pm

“Jubilantly wonderful!” Ok! You just gifted me a smile with those 2 words! ๐Ÿ˜And “…all is unconditionally well!” I”m so happy to hear that. Yay! And WOWOWOWOW!!! THANK YOU for the links!!! The wonderful singers blew my mind and Mooji!!! WOW! I could not stop laughing!!!! He makes me laugh all the time anyway….he has such an incredible mix of humour, compassion and of being so very clear and straightforward….but this was a whole ‘nother level of fun and funny and…….!!! Ah…..You’ve started my week brilliantly! I hope You and Yours have a week overflowing with Joy and Peace…somehow I think You will! Sending HUGE hugs Your way! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ˜…

• Leon Hieros April 21, 2020 / 12:53 pm

Oh my, it seems they’ll be streaming down my face well beyond this week, Katy! ๐Ÿ˜‚
                God bless the whole world with such grateful joy, with or without tears ๐Ÿ™
                Shine On, Precious Darling Sister! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒž

• forresting365 April 22, 2020 / 12:54 pm

Right?!!! I keep laughing about this! Was trying to decide which Mooji I am going to watch today and I think it just may be this one again….and Yes!!! “God bless the whole world with such grateful joy, with or without tears” INDEED! Thank You, Wonderful Leon! You Shine On, too! Huge hugs Your way!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Leon Hieros April 22, 2020 / 1:24 pm

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
                ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒž

• Leon Hieros April 23, 2020 / 3:04 am

OK.
                Concentrate.
                Seriously now.
                Seriously exuberantly.
                With all our sacred kookiness in place, and
                with overflowing gratitude for our embracing here
                in ways once thought of as possible only in Heaven!

Katy Precious Love, here is my
                โ€“and maybe even Mooji’s tooโ€“ all-time favorite:

• forresting365 April 23, 2020 / 1:51 pm

OK.
                VERY SERIOUSLY NOW!!!
                My sacred kookiness well in place…I’m hopping over to the link! How fun. I already know I’m going to love it! Thank You so very much, Leon!!! Watching now….๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• forresting365 April 23, 2020 / 2:33 pm

OH my gosh. That was sooooo very lovely. Thank You for the link!!! Just loved it! I hope You and Yours have a most wonderful day!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ˜Š!

• Leon Hieros April 23, 2020 / 6:18 pm

(I came in this form yesterday, Moojibaba, exactly because I didn’t want
                to ask any questions! It’s a very similar one, this one: ([a kooky she!])
                Ahhh… Thank God for our breathing in timeless togetherness…
                Brightest blessings showering on You and Yours always, Katy!

• forresting365 April 24, 2020 / 11:40 am

Oh! Thank You, Leon! Running this morning but will have to check this out later. I hope You and Yours have a super wonderful day!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• forresting365 May 20, 2020 / 11:16 am

Hey Dear Leon! I am just about to come over and check out Your new postings, which reminded me that I forgot to tell You I did eventually remember to come back to watch this lovely video You sent but it’s one You’d sent before that I’ve already watched! I LOVE it though! I am on Mooji’s channel on youtube and check out a video daily. Thank You more than I can say for bringing him back to my attention!!! And for all the Love You share with the world. Your blog is like going to church in the best of ways!!! I hope You and Yours are well and that You have a most wonderful day! Huge hugs!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒ€

• Leon Hieros May 21, 2020 / 1:51 am

Oh my… *blush*… Goofy Leon did it again… Thank you for your unconditional hugs, Katy, although my super duper joke was blended in to incomprehensibility, even for the wittiest person. I would never take up your time like this. Of course it’s the same video, but set to a specific time, pointing you only to these few seconds of laughter with the fly episode, which, in combination with my purposefully cryptic comment, was supposed to say that it was actually NOT the same fly from the previous day;
                โ€œYes Mooji, that one was Leon, this one is Katy.โ€

See how utterly eccentric I can be? And vulnerably so. Therefore only with very few special ones. Thank you to Heaven, Katy Preciousness. My heart glows just by thinking of you and what you contribute to our world. God bless you and everyone in your life always!

• forresting365 May 21, 2020 / 11:12 am

Ah! Okay. I am laughing!!! I see how WONDERFUL You can be and I feel so very dense because I still don’t understand! ๐Ÿ˜…Laughing still. I will wash my brain anew and relook. Too funny. And You could NEVER waste my time! so funny! Also…I can be uber eccentric myself….so….never worry around me. ๐ŸคฃHuge hugs, Cheers, Rock on, KNOW You are wonderful and Thank YOU for all You contribute to the world!!! And Thank You! God bless You and Yours all-ways as well!!! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Leon Hieros May 21, 2020 / 12:29 pm

(Enough with density, methinks. Let us instead become BUTTERflies again ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฆ‹)

• forresting365 May 25, 2020 / 1:04 pm

I see Your wonderful butterfly posture and raise You a brilliant butterfly tap dance move!!! I spent A LOT of time as a child trying to perfect this. You have to wait for it….it’s his big finish but it is so worth the wait!!! He’s fantastic! Cheers and hugs! I hope You and Yours have a WONDERFUL week!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvzSbm2Lf60

• Leon Hieros May 25, 2020 / 4:17 pm

…worth the wait? Three times already I’ve taken in the whole of Arthur’s performance! โ€œYou’re never gonna tire of that, are you?โ€ โ€œOf course not, mommy! Spreading joy is what I am here for!โ€ From chrysalis to Heaven’s Light, just love, Love, LOVE through us all! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒž

• forresting365 May 26, 2020 / 10:32 am

Beautiful, Leon! And RIGHT?!! Arthur ROCKS!!! So happy You liked it! I watched a few times myself and couldn’t stop smiling! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’•

3. Peter's pondering April 18, 2020 / 8:47 pm

I absolutely adore this story Katy and I think I would have had a soft spot for Pipper Popper. I love the drawing in the wedding dress! I think there’s going to be a lot of hair styles like that around when the lockdown is over.

• forresting365 April 19, 2020 / 10:17 am

Yay! Thank You! I’m so happy You liked it, Peter! Pip cracks me up. He pretty much wrote himself and he still makes me laugh. And I think You’re right about the hair style…it may become THE uber cool look! I have a dear friend who, during this lockdown, is working from home and has to be on daily conference calls. She was talking about one of them the other day and I asked her if the screen kindof looked like the Brady Bunch when they talked. She laughed and said, “Oh my God! NONE of us turn our cameras on. Are You kidding me?!! We’re all in our pajamas looking a mess!” ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Peter's pondering April 19, 2020 / 10:47 am

I’m sure the meetings would be much more fun with the cameras on. You get to see the raised eyebrows and shakes of the head that are normally missed in round the table meetings.

• forresting365 April 19, 2020 / 10:54 am

Right?!! She said they’ve all been threatening to drink at work for years and were all joking that now they could. I think they should all just pour a drink, turn on their cameras and have a pajama party meeting! ๐Ÿคฃ

• forresting365 April 19, 2020 / 10:00 am

I’m happy You liked it! Thank You, Chris! My pleasure! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. trE April 18, 2020 / 9:11 am

I love your voice, Katy! And this is an excellent story!

• forresting365 April 18, 2020 / 11:20 am

Thank You, Tre! I’m so happy You like Old Pip! ๐Ÿ˜…โค๏ธ๐Ÿค—

• trE April 18, 2020 / 11:29 am

Haha. You’re welcome!

5. Krishna April 18, 2020 / 6:55 am

Lovely story Katy๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’– Love and hugs

• forresting365 April 18, 2020 / 11:17 am

Thank You, Krishna! Love and hugs right back to You! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

6. guidelinesweb April 18, 2020 / 6:43 am

I loved everything about this! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful gifts with us all, Katy! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿค—

• forresting365 April 18, 2020 / 11:16 am

Oh cool beans! Thank You, Betty! It’s my pleasure! I’m so happy You liked it! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ˜Š

7. Yleniaely April 18, 2020 / 5:50 am

Absolutely wonderful story and art!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ’— Thank you infinitely for sharing!!! ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
    A very big hug full of affection!!! ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—

• forresting365 April 18, 2020 / 11:15 am

Thank You, Ely! I’m so happy You liked it!!! It’s my pleasure and I’m sending You a HUGE hug full of affection right back!!! ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

8. yassy April 18, 2020 / 5:48 am

Happy safe healthy weekend.. be well. Take care. Keep in touch.

• forresting365 April 18, 2020 / 11:14 am