somewhere inside

wave by/© Blissbait ArtBlissbait Art | St. Simons Island Artist Katy Boyer

somewhere inside the

opinions; educated

and shockingly not

the reins hunger so

for fingers that are way too

busy pointing to

stop breathe assess see

a game wildly out of place

sits onstage laughing

wave by/© Blissbait Art All art, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

30 thoughts on “somewhere inside

1. rabirius April 28, 2020 / 6:21 pm

The picture is really good. I really like the “under water” effect in the colour part.

• forresting365 April 29, 2020 / 10:48 am

Oh wow! Thank You, Rabirius! I love that effect too! 🤗❤️😊

2. guidelinesweb April 28, 2020 / 4:57 pm

Wow! So much is expressed here! I love how the words and picture compose a universal overview. The feeling it brings-that each of us may find our own Truth hidden within/beneath what you have shown us through your own illustrated vision. Beautifully done, Katy! Thank you so much for sharing your insight with us all. 💞🙏🏻💞

• forresting365 April 29, 2020 / 10:47 am

Gosh! Betty! That’s really lovely! Ah. I was actually very frustrated when I painted/wrote this. Grasping for clarity amidst strangeness. Smiling so big that You see a Universal overview….with hidden truths and insight. I think that’s Your own, beautiful reflection You’re seeing…but isn’t that what they say about everything? We’re all-ways seeing ourselves or who we think we are reflected back. This was wonderful food for thought! Thank You, Betty!!! Beauty in everything. Sigh. I hope You have a wonderful day! Sending hugs Your way! 🤗❤️😊

• guidelinesweb April 29, 2020 / 8:13 pm

Art and Poetry are intertwined, like one hand holding the other. I feel that through the gift of the artists’ expression the observer is given the insight of what lies hidden within the words or scene portrayed. It is a healing exchange, isn’t it and a very beautiful one, indeed, as we (the giver and receiver) are also intertwined in an act of completion. 💞
        Wishing you well and may you have a restful night with the sweetest of dreams, Dear Katy. 😇💖🤗

3. Aimer Boyz April 28, 2020 / 1:39 pm

Love the poem today, Katy. Am I reading a political comment I in it, or did you put it there?

Nice art piece too…a DNA string?

• forresting365 April 29, 2020 / 10:36 am

Thank You, Aimer! Yeah….yup. Man. It’s madness here…a mind-blowing circus of sorts. I actually deleted a post of bewilderment I had ready for Saturday as it felt a bit heavy and negative. 😅Thank God I have very loving friends and we all have the capacity to laugh. A LOT. And no! That this brought a DNA string to Your mind is a happy accident! It DOES look a little like that, doesn’t it? And is very appropriate for where I was at….that’s cool! Thanks for pointing that out! Hoping You and Your sweet family are well and that You have a lovely day. Cheers! 🤗❤️😊

4. yassy April 28, 2020 / 12:26 pm

Great verse, I love this flowing evocative poem.

5. Yleniaely April 28, 2020 / 11:39 am

Absolutely fabulous painting and poem!!! 😍 Your poem touched my heart,thank you infinitely from my heart for sharing your works of art!!! 🥰💖💖💖
    I send you a very big hug full of affection!!!😘❤🤗⚘🌹🌺❣💗💓

• forresting365 April 29, 2020 / 10:27 am

Oh gosh! That’s so nice! Thank You, Ely! And Thank You for sharing YOURS!!! Sending You huge hugs and much Love right back! 🤗❤️😊🌸🌀