‘homeward bound’ • acrylic on reclaimed canvas (25″ x 32″/63.5cm x 81/3cm)

Blissbait Art | St. Simons Artist Katy Boyer/'homeward bound'Happy Saturday, Beautiful People!

Those of You who have been my friends for a while may vaguely remember this painting. I used to call it ‘coming to win us’ (a tribute to Cat Steven’s song ‘Longer Boats’. It was MUCH simpler/different back then! Walking by it one day I noticed it had gotten scratched and some of the paint had come off. I’d forgotten to seal it properly. In fixing it  I started to play and play and play. That was about 5 months ago of revisiting it now and again when the mood struck. This has been a fun journey! It’s finished/sealed and being set free now!

All artwork, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

69 thoughts on “‘homeward bound’ • acrylic on reclaimed canvas (25″ x 32″/63.5cm x 81/3cm)

1. ellie894 July 11, 2020 / 1:39 pm

I’m Sooooo behind Sweet Katy! This is a wonderful place to begin as it cheers me inside and out. 🤗 I think of you more often than I can say ❤️🤗❤️

• forresting365 July 13, 2020 / 11:03 am

Hey Suzanne!!! Thank You and NO WORRIES!!! Are You doing alright? Such crazy times…..and I know Texas is pretty blasted right now with the whole Coronavirus. I am sending You lots of love. I think of You as well! Sweet Isabelle and I were just talking about You a few weeks ago. I am sorry I’ve not checked in on You!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• ellie894 July 18, 2020 / 8:13 pm

Absolutely NO WORRIES!! Doing fine except for chiggers, ugh! 🤣 It is a crazy time! Sending lots of love back to You!! Isabelle is so sweet! Take good care ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• forresting365 July 19, 2020 / 11:12 am

OH NO!!! I’m so sorry!!! I’ve managed to avoid the chiggers thus far this summer (knock wood!) but my oh my I’m donating LOTS of blood to the mosquitoes and a tick here and there. ACK!!!!!! Crazy time indeed! Where’s the off switch? The Let’s ALL Love One Another NOW button?!! ❤️❤️❤️

2. Anonymous June 3, 2020 / 12:38 pm

I really love your artwork, truly stunning and original! 😁

3. authordenisedodge May 27, 2020 / 5:05 pm

I love your work! It makes me yearn for a place I have yet to see. It also reminds me of my time in Hawaii. Very natural, colorful and vibrant with loving emotions bursting from it. Lovely!!

• forresting365 May 28, 2020 / 10:24 am

That’s really sweet, Denise! Thank You! And Welcome to You, too!! 🤗❤️😊

4. Isabelle May 26, 2020 / 1:24 pm

I’m picturing myself sitting on the balloon and flying high… What a dream…😌🎈💕

• forresting365 May 27, 2020 / 11:06 am

Oh, me too, Isabelle! That’s where I’d like to be riding as well!!! 🤗❤️😊

5. In mind and out May 25, 2020 / 10:26 am

You are so very talented. You capture so much with your colours and textures and images. This is beautiful ❤️

• forresting365 May 25, 2020 / 10:35 am

Oh Gosh! Gabriela! You are sooooo very sweet! Thank You!!! Sending huge hugs Your way! 🤗❤️😊

6. ellie894 May 23, 2020 / 4:41 pm

Happy Saturday Katy! It’s just wonderful!! 🌻☀️⭐️🤗🧚‍♀️🦋❤️

7. Aimer Boyz May 23, 2020 / 3:26 pm

Took me a while to see it, but the sun is a balloon, with a little guy riding it. Love that image 🙂

• forresting365 May 24, 2020 / 10:33 am

Thank You, Aimer! Isn’t he fun? I love that guy! I came close to calling this painting ‘guru’ or ‘i’ll follow the son’ but ‘homeward bound’ wouldn’t stop insisting….so. 😅I hope Y’all are having a wonderful weekend! Cheers! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 May 25, 2020 / 10:38 am

Thank You, Aimer! Mission accomplished…we couldn’t have asked for a sweeter Sunday. I hope You and Yours have a wonderful week!!! 💕💕💕

• forresting365 May 24, 2020 / 10:28 am

Thank You, Peter! And I completely understand but just so You know, there is complimentary dramamine onboard! And ice cream! And mimosas….actually the flower falling down is a magic wand that allows You to conjure whatever would make Your journey the most satisfactory! I’m just sayin’….🤣🤗❤️😊

8. yassy May 23, 2020 / 11:48 am

Awesomely done. Bravo. Bless your wonderful beautiful weekend and week and you take good care of yourself ❤️

• forresting365 May 24, 2020 / 10:25 am

Thank You, Yassy for All! Bless Your wonderful beautiful weekend and week also and I hope You and Yours are well! Sending big hugs Your way! 🤗❤️😊

• yassy May 24, 2020 / 11:30 am

You are welcome, Kate.
        Sending you lots of laughter and smiles hugs and blessings 💖💕🤗

• forresting365 May 25, 2020 / 10:27 am

Thank You, Yassy! I’m hopping on that and sending them back! Yes! Yet another happy joyful circle of energy on the planet! We’ll take it! 😄💕🤗

9. Elaine May 23, 2020 / 9:32 am

I really like this one too Katy it carries a message somehow 😘

10. Jo May 23, 2020 / 6:30 am

You have so much imagination. Wow! You should have posted a link to the previous post. I’d like to see the “before” and “after”. 🙂

• forresting365 May 23, 2020 / 10:55 am

Thank You, Jo! You’re right…that would be cool but I deleted that post long ago and Lord knows where the first go round is. 😅🤗❤️😊

• Jo May 23, 2020 / 11:09 am

Oh! 😦 In any case the “after” is amazing. I really like it.

• forresting365 May 24, 2020 / 10:22 am

I looked for the before later yesterday morning and when I found it I was stunned that I’d ever thought it was finished! I couldn’t bring myself to repost it! 🤣Methinks my muse may well have dug her fingernail across the canvas to nudge me back into this one! 😅Thank You again, Jo! I hope You have a wonderful weekend! 🤗💕😊

11. Yleniaely May 23, 2020 / 6:03 am

Woah!!! 😍 Absolutely sublime and magnificent painting, is so GREAT!!! 😍
    I love it!!! ♥️
    I send you a very big hug full of affection!!! 😘🥰🤗💕♥️💞🌸

• forresting365 May 23, 2020 / 10:44 am