‘after hours’ • acrylic on reclaimed wood (11 ¼” x 23 ½”/28.57cm x 59.69cm)

wave by/© Blissbait ArtBlissbait Art | St. Simons Artist Katy Boyer/'after hours'

Hey Beautiful People!

My lovely man keeps an eye out for boards for me to paint on when he’s out and about. I flipped when he gave me this one because the natural grain in the wood was CRAZY cool! A large round face, the shape of these eyes and an outline of a smile was in the very wood itself. Immediately I knew what I would paint! Actually, she pretty much painted herself; I was along for the very happy ride!

All art, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

58 thoughts on “‘after hours’ • acrylic on reclaimed wood (11 ¼” x 23 ½”/28.57cm x 59.69cm)

1. Doree June 9, 2020 / 4:06 pm

I love the twisty nose, so much happy energy ❤️

2. Irina Marques June 8, 2020 / 11:18 am

Happy face brings us happy feelings. Thank you Katy.
    Huge hug my friend. Have a lovely day 😉

• forresting365 June 9, 2020 / 10:52 am

I’m glad she gives You happy feelings, Irina! Yay! And Thank You! Huge hugs right back at You and I hope You have a lovely day as well!!! 🤗❤️😊

3. fundanur June 7, 2020 / 9:11 pm

Wow so wonderful
    This is fantastic. 🤩🤗🌺

4. ellie894 June 6, 2020 / 7:58 pm

Ah Katy! She’s marvelous! I totally want to hear her stories! The wood showed her to you because you listen and see with your whole sweet heart! 🤗❤️🌀💫💞

• forresting365 June 7, 2020 / 2:01 pm

Awww. That is the absolute sweetest, Suzanne! Thank You!!! If she ever magically comes to life and wants to have coffee, tea or sake, I’ll invite You along!!! 😅❤️🤗🌀😊

5. linienspiel June 6, 2020 / 11:51 am

Coincidences can be so wonderful! What a happy smile. Thank you! 💖😊✨

6. Peter's pondering June 6, 2020 / 11:27 am

I think she’s really pleased to be brought to the fore in such a lovely and endearing way Katy. Well done.

7. Nathi June 6, 2020 / 9:53 am

Lovely and radiant smile she has got🤩 and a very gorgeous painting indeed! Love and hugs, Katy!!

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 2:49 pm

Doesn’t she? I wish she was real and I could sit down and talk to her! She makes me smile every time I look at her. Thank You so much, Nathi! Love and hugs to You, too!!! 🤗❤️😊

8. In mind and out June 6, 2020 / 9:13 am

That piece of wood was made for this! That’s the most unselfconscious, big-hearted, and unadulterated smile. Gorgeous Katy! Xoxo

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 2:48 pm

Right? The markings were pretty crazy/cool. I wish I’d have been thinking and would have taken a picture of the wood before I started painting! Ah well. Thank You, Rachel!!! 🤗❤️😊

9. Isabelle June 6, 2020 / 9:03 am

It was lovely to see her after a while, Katy. Her smile is contagious and spreads joy and hope. 🌸❤️

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 2:46 pm

That’s lovely, Isabelle! And yeah….You’ve seen her journey…I forgot! Thank You!!! 🤗❤️😊

10. Jo June 6, 2020 / 7:15 am

Again I must scold you cause you didn’t post a before and an after pic. 🙂 In any case, great job with the after. Such a delighted smile. It made me smile with delight. 🙂

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 2:44 pm

😅 You are too funny! Didn’t even occur to me! I’ll try to remember next time. That would have been cool! I’ve never seen grains in wood that odd and interesting….crazy! And Yay! Thank You, Jo!!! 🤗❤️😊

• Jo June 6, 2020 / 3:53 pm

I thank you. Your art really makes me happy. Only when I see your avatar… That’s the most clever, cheerful and artistic thing ever. If you’re so open to my suggestions, crazy ideas or simply idle talk I intend to tell you whatever crosses my mind in the future, too. Maybe after a year or so, when you get to know me, you’ll create an avatar especially for me. I’d like to see how you… see me. 🙂 How’s that for a challenge? 😀

• forresting365 June 7, 2020 / 1:53 pm

You are more than welcome to say anything here. You always make me smile! My avatar is actually just a very small detail of my painting of the Greek Goddess of Love, Aphrodite. I call her Afro-dite and that is a detail from ‘afro-dite paints the town’. It’s a really fun painting. On my website under fine art. It sold a few years ago but I use her face as my Blissbait Art logo as she just makes me smile! I’m glad You like her! 😊 I think the avatar You have now is sooo cool! Don’t know if I’ll be drawing avatars for anyone in the future (myself included!!!) but You never know. Cheers! 🤗

• Jo June 7, 2020 / 3:43 pm

So is it a way to see the whole Afro-dite paints the town? I tried to find it myself, but I got lost. 🙂 As for “my avatar” no pressure. Someday… if you feel inspired… 🙂

• Jo June 8, 2020 / 11:36 am

OMG! You have so many extraordinary pieces there. I can’t believe you’re so creative!!!! I found Afro-dite. She’s as beautiful as in detail. 🙂

• forresting365 June 9, 2020 / 10:53 am

Wow! Thank You so much, Jo!!! Thanks for looking! 🤗❤️😊

• Jo June 9, 2020 / 11:44 am

I should thank you. It was a view to remember. I wish I could afford an item or two that beautiful I thought they were. You’re really talented.

• forresting365 June 10, 2020 / 11:05 am

Oh gosh. Thank You, Jo!!! 💕🙏🏼😊

11. Yleniaely June 6, 2020 / 5:54 am

Absolutely fascinating and enchanting painting!!! 😍😍 I love so much it!!! 🥰
    The smile is very gorgeous!!! 😁
    I send you a very big hug full of affection!!! 😘🤗❤️💞💕

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 2:42 pm

Thank You so much, Ely! I send you a very big hug full of affection right back!!! 🤗❤️💕🌀😊

12. Krishna June 6, 2020 / 5:42 am

Wow, she is so beautiful 😇💕 Love her golden hued cheeks. You’re an awesome artist Katy dear

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 12:50 pm

WOW….David. Somehow ‘The Inn of the Sixth Happiness’ never made it to my radar…strange because I love Ingrid Bergman. And based on a true story? Crazy beautiful. You just opened my world a bit more. I will watch this and read the book is there is one. What Ange’s truly walk among us!!! Thank You! Hugs and Cheers! 🤗❤️😊

• David Redpath June 8, 2020 / 11:50 am

And not forgetting a very
        politically incorrect asiatic
        Marlon Brando! 😎
        But that was so long ago ⌚
        I’m sure all is forgiven at the
        Inn of the Sixth Happiness 🈴

• forresting365 June 9, 2020 / 10:55 am

🤣 OH…so sad. Yep. Didn’t notice him in the trailer but absolutely noticed the very silly, incorrect casting…which WAS, sorrowfully, how it was done back then. Perhaps they will properly remake it someday. Still haven’t watched it but will. Cheers!!! 💕💕💕

13. Ishita Gupta June 6, 2020 / 5:25 am

Katy, this is fabulous! I smiled the moment I saw your painting😊 What a play of colours🎨

Love and hugs❤💞💐

14. short-prose-fiction June 6, 2020 / 5:19 am

Katy, my dear this is fantastic. The painting is magical and brings joy to everyone who looks at. You are unbelievable. Gorgeous. Love and hugs to you. Stay happy and inspire us. 💕🌸🌺🤗♥️

• forresting365 June 6, 2020 / 12:43 pm

Oh man! You are the absolute sweetest, Gabriel! You just gifted me the hugest smile! Thank You more than I can say! Love and hugs to You as well!!! 🤗❤️🌷💕🌀