saturday says…

wave by/© Blissbait ArtBlissbait Art | St. Simons Island Artist Katy Boyer/'saturday says'

saturday says i love you

relax, let go, please stop

even if our saturday’s tuesday or friday; it matters not

there’s got to be a moment or an hour or a few

when the world disappears and slips away

we are left with our hearts, our breath, our truth

and all the gifts that are here every day

All art, poetry, etc. (unless otherwise noted) are by/© Katy Boyer & Blissbait Art. All rights reserved.

43 thoughts on “saturday says…

1. Frances Elaina June 19, 2020 / 6:25 pm

There’s nothing better than enjoying the hot sun while lying in a hammock! The addition of the bird and cat is perfect 🙂 Lovely and soothing words. Silence, nature and our truth. The perfect combo for healing. Hope you’re having a bright, wonderful day! ❤

2. Isabelle June 19, 2020 / 7:57 am

What a beautiful and important reminder! The image of hammock makes me dream…
    I’m enjoying a quiet moment in the sun. I hope you’re enjoying yours, Katy… ✨🌸🍀🎨💕🎈

• forresting365 June 19, 2020 / 2:33 pm

Lovely!!! I did enjoy mine, Thank You, Isabelle! I hope You are having a wonderful, summery day! Sending You huge hugs!!! 🤗❤️😊🌸🌀

3. Leon Hieros June 15, 2020 / 9:19 pm

And Pappy boy, “a great big NO” is a rather
    inconsiderate way to treat a caring human!
    Now look at your Katy and listen carefully:
    “Leon, too, loves you purrry purrry much…”
    🌼🐱🌼
    ✨💞✨
    Maybe this will grant you a moment’s quiet,
    or maybe after a while he’ll grow even more
    enthusiastic and chatty?! No problem at all!
    🌞😄🙏

• forresting365 June 16, 2020 / 11:47 am

Hey Leon! You just gifted my first laugh of the day! Thank You! I read Your comment to Pappy and he says he loves You too. 😅 He is actually (hammock excluded!) a huge love bug! Very cuddly and purry when he has the mind to be. Funny though; he LOVES my boyfriend and actually prefers him. It’s the sweetest, funniest thing! He loves me plenty….but when Bill walks in the room….it’s all over! 🤣 Pretty adorable. And Lord! I hope he does’t become more chatty! It’s hilarious as it is! He’ll actually hold conversations with us…I SO wish I knew what he was saying! 🤣 The link You sent doesn’t work…tried copying and pasting and it doesn’t go anywhere. I hope You are having a WONDERFUL week! Thanks again for starting my day with laughter! Cheers and big hugs!!! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 June 16, 2020 / 7:35 pm

Hey Leon!!! This is hilarious! It’s showing now. You’re too funny! Thank You! 🤣❤️🙏🏼🌀🤗

• Leon Hieros June 18, 2020 / 11:14 pm

Thank you, Katy. It’s amazing how despite the surface of this life, where we all are going through so much and in so many different ways and our brains get a little short-circuited sometimes, it’s amazing how we find each other and embrace above and beyond all this. Wow. While still here and honoring everything and everyone in our best possible ways. You must know that the Light you share here helps untangle knots of misunderstanding in many lives. I thank our Creator for you, Love. Be bathed in most beautiful blessings always.

• forresting365 June 19, 2020 / 2:16 pm

Oh wow, Leon. This is beyond sweet. Thank You! As my lovely man would say, “You’re talkin’ ’bout Yourself, now!” I could sincerely say all this to YOU! I Thank our Creator for You as well, Beautiful Leon! And what a gorgeous blessing! I send the same to You!!! 🤗🙏🏼💕

4. Noilin June 15, 2020 / 12:54 pm

Just love this especially “even if our saturday’s tuesday or friday; it matters not”. Only a few lines and you have painted so many images. Stay safe.

• forresting365 June 16, 2020 / 11:32 am

Thank You so much, Noilin! Yeah…for years my weekend was Monday and Tuesday. 🤣 And Thank You! You stay safe too! 🤗❤️😊

5. rabirius June 14, 2020 / 11:56 am

The hammock looks like a great place to take a rest.
    Excellent.

• forresting365 June 15, 2020 / 11:25 am

It is my favorite resting place! Thank You, Rabirius! 🤗❤️😊

6. Krishna June 14, 2020 / 1:45 am

Cosy poem for a beautiful weekend 🤗💖Blessed Sunday for you dear Katy 🥰

• forresting365 June 15, 2020 / 11:22 am

I WISH!!! He will talk his head off to me while I’m in there sometimes. I wish I spoke meow. I’ve never known a cat who has SO much to say and such a vast variety of meows in his pocket. It’s crazy cool! Twice I picked him up and took him in there with me and that was a great big NO! 🤣🤗❤️😊

7. Yleniaely June 13, 2020 / 1:45 pm

Absolutely wonderful poem and painting!!! 🤩🤩🤩 Thank you so much!!! 🥰♥️
    I send you a very big hug full of affection and have a great weekend!!! 😘😘😘🤗🤗🤗💖💖🥰

• forresting365 June 15, 2020 / 11:19 am

Thank You, Ely!!! I send You a very big hug full of affection right back and hopes that You have a wonderful week!!! 🤗❤️🌀💕🦋😊🌷!

8. Nathi June 13, 2020 / 1:31 pm

Oh what a bliss to lie on a hammock and look at the sky💙 beautiful painting and lovely words, Katy💕

9. short-prose-fiction June 13, 2020 / 12:51 pm

Ah, Katy, how beautiful you remind us of ourselves; of what we should do and be. Gorgeous piece 🌸❤️💕🤗🌹

10. Jo June 13, 2020 / 12:51 pm

That cat will be in the hammock in no time. 🙂 Otherwise I’m going to follow your advice and take a walk in the park.

• forresting365 June 15, 2020 / 11:15 am

Oh! a walk in the park sounds lovely! I sure WISH that cat would jump in the hammock. That’s our cat, Pappy. He comes by and talks his head off to me, meowing like crazy sometimes when I’m in the hammock…but he refuses to join me in there! 🤣🤗❤️😊

• Jo June 15, 2020 / 11:51 am

I had a dog, Comu. He would have joined me… anywhere, but I don’t have a hammock. 🙂 I guess Pappy tried to use the hammock by himself and fell down with a thud. Ouch!

• forresting365 June 16, 2020 / 11:30 am

🤣 Could be! My sister and I fell over backwards one day trying to sit in it. That was a great laugh!!! Love the name Comu! Sweet that he joined You everywhere. My man has an exercise machine that’s made of cloth….for doing ab work…and Pappy likes to hang out in that. We call it HIS hammock. 🤣