truly good-night

peace sings us lullabies

golden blankets of NOW shimmer and sigh complete acceptance with every breath

our stories hang on with all their might

clinched nails into the craigs of all that is “ours”

“one more!!!….” this or “one more!!!” that….

but

Love has no pocket watch and the stars are made of patience

eventually….All of Us

joyfully

s

u

r

r

e

n

d

e

r

57 thoughts on “truly good-night

1. jonicaggiano September 29, 2020 / 1:15 pm

Such a happy loving poem filled with hope. The painting is gorgeous and so truly lovely with your words.
    Love ❤️ Joni

2. Ishita Gupta September 27, 2020 / 2:26 pm

The painting is gorgeous!! Wow!! And the verse touched my heart❤❤
    Love,
    Ishita💗

3. Kally September 22, 2020 / 3:53 pm

This message is so powerful and inspiring.

4. Narayan Tushar Kaudinya September 21, 2020 / 6:30 am

Sundaram, your timeline is already filled with so much love my dear Forrester. Love your colors, like swimming in them. Nara,

• forresting365 September 23, 2020 / 3:39 pm

Ah! That’s gorgeous, Nara! “….swimming in them.” You just gifted the biggest smile!!! And I had to look up “Sandaram”. What a beautiful word! Thank You!!! Sending huge hugs Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊

5. short-prose-fiction September 18, 2020 / 3:01 pm

Hello, my dearest Katy, I am so sorry I am late here. What a beautiful post. The colors and the words are magic. You are magic Katy. Thank you for being YOU.
    Sending love and huge hugs
    G.

• forresting365 September 23, 2020 / 3:20 pm

Oh Good Lord!!! No worries, Gabriela! I hope You are well and I TOTALLY get it! Just stepped away from blogland myself for about a week. SO much painting and life happening right now! You never need worry about that here! I’m so happy to see You when You come and there are no hard feelings at all when You are busy!!! 😊 And Thank You!!! You are the absolute sweetest! Sending Huge Hugs and So much Love right back Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊

6. Glee Sparkle September 18, 2020 / 6:15 am

Lovely!!! Heart warming 🌹💜

Don’t forget to Glee and spread Sparkles ✨
    -Nani 💖

7. D. Wallace Peach September 17, 2020 / 3:14 pm

So beautiful. This made me want to crawl back in bed this morning. “Love has no pocket watch and the stars are made of patience” What beautiful poetry. 🙂 ❤

8. jesazfa September 16, 2020 / 6:53 pm

Me ha gustado lo que has escrito. No conocías tu blog, pero a partir de ahora lo voy a seguir.

• forresting365 September 17, 2020 / 10:57 am

¡Muchas gracias! ¡Bienvenidos, Jesazfa! 🤗❤️😊

9. Aimer Boyz September 15, 2020 / 7:48 pm

“Surender…” to sleep? The ultimate luxury, I just wish I was better at it :I

• forresting365 September 16, 2020 / 12:01 pm

Gosh….right? Sleep IS becoming an ultimate luxury!!! Never thought it would be a challenge for me. Sigh. 😅 I was referring to surrendering to the moment….to just Being here without all the relentless, useless and silly mind chatter/drama that goes on and on and on and on and on….🤣❤️🤗

10. Krishna September 15, 2020 / 3:43 pm

Soothing painting and words dear Katy 🤗 Yes, we’re 3 year olds screaming, crying, laughing, running ’round the bed of All That Is 💕💕💕🌺

11. Peter's pondering September 15, 2020 / 1:48 pm

You have established that it is a fundamental truth that:
    Love has no pocket watch and the stars are made of patience.
    I accept that without question!

12. Jo September 15, 2020 / 10:45 am

Excellent, Katy! I really, really like it. 💕 I understood the idea of the painting even before I read your poem. It does have that serene, between the sleepy eyelashes look. And writing surrender vertically… brilliant!

• forresting365 September 16, 2020 / 11:37 am

Oh! Cool beans!!! Loving “…between sleepy eyelashes look.” Sweetness. Thank You, Jo!!! 🤗❤️😊

• Jo September 16, 2020 / 2:15 pm

💕 You’re the sweet one. Thank you for your inspired art. Sometimes it speaks to me directly, without the mediation of your poems.

• forresting365 September 17, 2020 / 10:39 am

Thank You, Jo!!! 💖 That’s really cool!!! 🤗❤️😊

• Jo September 17, 2020 / 10:48 am

Like cool beans and groovy noodles? 🙂

• forresting365 September 17, 2020 / 11:06 am

Like coolest of cool beans and grooviest of the grooviest noodles!!! 🤣❤️😃

13. Yleniaely September 15, 2020 / 10:17 am

Absolutely wonderful and very sublime poem and fabulous painting!!! 😍😍♥️
    Your poem touched my heart so much!!! 😘❤️❤️❤️
    I send you a very big hug full of affection dearest Katy!!! 🤗♥️♥️💕🌺🌹♥️

• forresting365 September 16, 2020 / 11:36 am

Awwww. You just gifted yet another big smile! Thank You so much, sweet Ely!!! I am sending You a a very big hug full of affection right back!!! 🤗❤️🦋💕😊!!!!!!!