page turner

our moon is blowing kisses again

the entire earth responds sweetly

and blows them right back

even as you drift off to sleep

blanketed by the cricket’s lullaby

your every exhale sails softly

to her luminescent lips

Happy Wednesday, Beautiful People!!!

All my art on this blog is available for sale in varying forms on my website: blissbaitart.com

73 thoughts on “page turner

• forresting365 October 23, 2020 / 1:09 pm

Oh wow!!! Those are my first snaps ever, Ladybird!!! How fun! Thank You!!! 🤗❤️😊

1. Isabelle October 19, 2020 / 12:47 am

Your creative mind is beyond words, Katy ❤️ I’ve wrapped up your lovely painting and beautiful words and I’ll bring them into my dream… 🎈💕🎈💕

• forresting365 October 19, 2020 / 1:03 pm

Ah!!! Thank You!!! I’m so happy You like it, beautiful Isabelle!!! Sweet! 🤗❤️😊

2. Doree October 16, 2020 / 10:21 pm

I love the grasses, it looks as if they are floating. I’d definitely turn the page 🤗❤️

3. Aimer Boyz October 16, 2020 / 4:18 am

Beautiful, Katy. Makes me think I should sleep outside and then I remember things like bugs 🙂

• forresting365 October 16, 2020 / 9:03 pm

Thank You, Aimer!!! 🤗❤️😊 And…WHAT? 🤣!!! I didn’t know Y’all had those kind of bugs in Canada!!! Don’t know what I was thinking! I lived in Los Angeles for many years and we simply didn’t really have mosquitos. You COULD sleep outside and not be eaten alive!!! I forget Canada is VAST. Yeah. Wouldn’t be caught dead sleeping outside here unless it was very cold. All blood would be drained by morning…and not by one of Your sexy vampires!!! 😃💖😊

• forresting365 October 17, 2020 / 10:20 pm

RIGHT?!!! You SOOO do it perfectly!!! I am in love with Your vampires and am THRILLED at the prospect that one of Your next stars will have an Irish brogue! Shoot me now!!! 😃😅❤️ I once came VERY CLOSE to dating an Irishman just because his accent sent me reeling. AND he was charming as hell. And seemingly a genuinely good guy. AND handsome! Goodness he was handsome….but ack! That man DRANK A LOT daily and I realized that if I dated him; once the honeymoon was over there would very likely be some very dramatic, intense drama to wade through. Maybe not. Never found out…..but it was fun flirting with the idea while I listened to him tttaaalllkkkkkkk!!! 😃❤️🤗

• Aimer Boyz October 18, 2020 / 2:01 pm

LOL! Nothing prettier than a great accent. I wonder how we sound to others… Never heard anyone say, “Keep talking. Love that Canadian accen” 🙂

• forresting365 October 19, 2020 / 12:48 pm

I DO love the Canadian accent!! It sneaks up on You in snippets here and there and always makes me smile! But….man….the Europeans win, I think!!! Although there is NOTHING sexier than my beautiful man’s slow Southern draw. He can slay me in my tracks when he smiles and says, “I know.” He turns those words into something from another planet!!! 🤣❤️🤗

4. Jo October 15, 2020 / 6:42 am

I can see the kisses of the moon in your painting. That’s such wonderful imagery. You have a beautiful imagination, Katy! 💕

5. jonicaggiano October 15, 2020 / 1:42 am

Your painting is pure happiness dearest Katy. How lovely, the fireflies and kisses, your poetry makes one smile with hopeful dreams of better days. What a blessing you are my dear friend. Thank you for this wonderful treat, it is truly beautiful. Love to you and all those you hold dear sweet Katy, you put a smile on the face of the earth today and that is no small accomplishment my friend. xoxoxoxox Joni

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:37 pm

You are the absolute sweetest, Joni!!! Thank You so very much for all Your kindness!!! Sending huge hugs and lots of Love Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊

• jonicaggiano October 15, 2020 / 2:50 pm

You are so welcome my friend. I think your post lift the hearts of your readers, it definitely does mine. Thanks for the love and hugs, sending some back your way. Love ya Joni 💖🤗💕❤️

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:36 pm

Right?!!! I keep forgetting to take nite walks of late. Isn’t Mars supposed to be CRAZY close now? We saw it on the news but keep forgetting to go look!!! Have You been on nite walks and seen anything (apart from the all-the-time gloriousness?!!!) lately? 🤗❤️😊

• Peter's pondering October 15, 2020 / 2:32 pm

Unfortunately where we live there is a great deal of light pollution so I have to travel to get a good night sky viewing. Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus are all good viewing at the moment. I think Mars is as close as it ever gets and will remain so until 2035.

• forresting365 October 16, 2020 / 8:47 pm

Ack! Sorry about the light pollution. Lived in Los Angeles for a few years and remember that well. We have no excuse where I live now, though! Thanks for the info!!! And YAY!!! That’s quite a window of time in which to see Mars! We should be able to handle that!!! 🤣 Cheers!!! 😃❤️🤗

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:34 pm

Aw! Thank You so much, Balladeer!!! You are amazingly kind!!! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:34 pm

SUZANNE!!! Hey lovely! I stop by Your blog now and again; sit with Your Eagle and send You lots of Love!!! How are You?!!! 🤗❤️🦋💕😊

• ellie894 October 15, 2020 / 11:54 pm

Thank you Katy!!! For visiting and hanging out and sending love!! You’re so so dear 💝. This very moment I’m on the swing under a white sky and a lovely breeze. There’s a cool front blowing in. The pups are watching the edge of the woods as though they’re expecting someone. 🤩. You’re as sweet as they come Katy! Bubbleplastic, huge hugs and a happy happy quackeroo!!! 😊🌀🦋🦄🦆✨💨💫🌙🥂all good things to you! ❤️🤗❤️ 🍂💛🍁🧡

• forresting365 October 16, 2020 / 8:59 pm

Oh gosh!!! My absolute pleasure, Ellie!!! That sounds SOOOO lovely. Sitting here wondering if someone DID end up showing up and surprising Y’all! And YES!!! Someone was just telling me today about that cool front! YAY! We are expecting it tomorrow and did I say…YAY!!!?!!! And as my man would say, “You’re talkin’ ’bout Yourself now!!! Sending huge hugs and a happy quakeroo right back at You!!! All good things to You, too, beautiful Suzanne!!! 💖🤗🌈🧚🏽🌊🍁🐬🌸😊❤️🦋💕!!!

6. balroop2013 October 14, 2020 / 3:39 pm

Lovely thoughts that complement your beautiful art! Thank you Katy for nudging me to your blog, I am delighted to meet another poet.

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:31 pm

Thank You very much, Balroop!!! I’m so happy to meet You as well!!! 🤗❤️😊

7. yassy October 14, 2020 / 2:52 pm

Happy Wednesday, Beautiful Kate, who writes such beautifully poignant poetry. Stay safe !

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:26 pm

Awww! Happy Today, Beautiful Yassy!!! Who writes such beautifully poignant poetry!!! SERIOUSLY! You are one of the wonderful poets who drops my jaw in the best of ways and it gifts a HUGE smile that You like mine! Thank You so very much!!!! And Thank You…roger that! You stay safe as well!!! 🤗❤️😊

• yassy October 15, 2020 / 1:39 pm

So happy to hear from you. Stay connected. Be well. Be safe. ❤️🙏🏼🤗
        Thank you for writing in. Always makes my day when I see your comment.

• forresting365 October 16, 2020 / 8:44 pm

Thank You, beautiful Yassy! You stay safe and be well, too!!! I’ll be around soon! I have GOT to be the slowest train in the station!!! Thank You so very much for You Love and patience!!! You, Your wonderful heart and poetry always makes my day as well!!! 🤗❤️🙏🏼💕😊!

8. D. Wallace Peach October 14, 2020 / 2:47 pm

Aaah. How beautiful. I’m going to share this with my daughter and grandson. They’re looking for a “goodnight poem.” This is lovely. Thank you! ❤

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:24 pm

Aw! How fun! You just gifted a huge smile! Thank You very much, Diana!!! Huge hugs Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊

9. Yleniaely October 14, 2020 / 2:18 pm

Absolutely enchanting and very sublime painting and poem!!! 😍♥️
    I love these!!! 🥰
    I send you a very big hug full of affection!!! ♥️🤗😘💞💕💝

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:21 pm

Thank You so very much, sweet Ely!!! Sending You a very big hug full of affection right back!!! 🤗❤️🦋💖😊!!!

• forresting365 October 14, 2020 / 2:50 pm

Hey beautiful Gabriela!!! Smiling big right now!!! You are the absolute sweetest! All is well here. How goes it with the Universal Czarina (in a good way!!!) of Romance today?!! 🤗❤️😊

• short-prose-fiction October 14, 2020 / 2:53 pm

Glad to hear all is well. Sending you love ❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Oh, was that a question about me? 😊All is well Katy, thank you.
        Roses for the Queen of Romance 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

• forresting365 October 15, 2020 / 1:28 pm

YES!!!! Czarina!!! And I’m glad to hear it! Thank You, Lovely!!! Sending moon and star shine Your way!!! 🤗❤️🌀🌕🌟🦋💕😊!