forever pointing

across all the worlds

in wild distant shades of time

we sit…we ponder

Happy Saturday, Beautiful People!!!

P.S. My dear friend Jo said this post made her blue. Looking at it again I had to laugh because she DOES look really sad! Not that there’s anything at all wrong with sorrow…but this sweet lady actually has what feels to me to be a very loving, compassionate smile on her face. I felt like she came out with a huge heart full of Love for All of Us….but couldn’t stop seeing her in my mind’s eye backlit by the moon. So….Jo….here she is in full view! Not so sad!!! 🤗❤️😊

All my artwork is available for sale in many forms on my website: blissbaitart.com

74 thoughts on “forever pointing

• forresting365 October 24, 2020 / 12:25 pm

Thank You, Ciceklerle!!! Sending hugs Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊

1. Deeksha Pathak October 22, 2020 / 12:43 pm

Lovely painting Katy👌👌👌the girl in blue looks so calm, tender and compassionate.

2. BigBrainCoach October 21, 2020 / 1:47 am

Lovely Paining ❤️

3. Isabelle October 19, 2020 / 12:40 am

There’s so much kindness and compassion expressed in her loving eyes and soft composure. I love the mood. It feels like a dream, gentle, yet full of emotions. You’re wonderful, Katy ❤️💕❤️💕

• forresting365 October 19, 2020 / 1:02 pm

She’s really sweet, isn’t she, Isabelle?!! She just came out that way! Thank You!!! YOU’RE wonderful!!!! 🤗❤️😊

4. Doree October 18, 2020 / 8:48 pm

You’ve given a tender spirit to this lady
    ❤️🤗

• forresting365 October 19, 2020 / 1:00 pm

Thank You, Beach House!!! Wishing You a wonderful week! Aloha!!! 🤗❤️😊

5. balladeer October 18, 2020 / 6:41 pm

Yes, it becomes much clearer how happy she is in the second pic.

6. D. Wallace Peach October 18, 2020 / 3:40 pm

A beautiful haiku. And I’m so glad you showed the un-blued image – her face transforms from melancholy to full of love. Amazing how a smile can make so much difference. Lovely.

• forresting365 October 19, 2020 / 12:54 pm

Aw! Thank You, Diana!!! Yeah….it’s really wild how much of our face we use to smile. I was laughing about this the other day. People look oh so serious everywhere You go these days….was sitting in my car the other day after running lots of errands and just feeling a little sad about how serious everthing feels out in the world. Then it occurred to me to put my mask on, look in the mirror and smile. Hilarious!!! You couldn’t even tell I was smiling!!! OHHHHHH!!!! Wow. Great lesson there! So….yeah! Thank You! I’m glad I posted the un-blue image as well! Not that there is anything wrong with sorrow or being serious…but what a very fun reminder that probably quite often things aren’t what we think we are! I could use that reminder on a daily basis!!! Cheers and huge hugs Your way!!! 🤗💖😊

• D. Wallace Peach October 19, 2020 / 2:51 pm

I smile at people with my mask on. I hope they can see it in my eyes (crows feet!) it even if they can’t see it. We need lots of goodwill these days. 🙂 Keep smiling!

• forresting365 October 20, 2020 / 11:21 am

I think You could have Your whole face covered and people would know You are smiling, Diana!!! Even Your hair smiles!!! 😃❤️😊 And yes! Keep smiling indeed; the way of hugging these days!

• forresting365 October 18, 2020 / 10:54 am

Thank You, Subversopus!!! I’m STILL smiling at Your poet-holic poem!!! Cheers! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 October 17, 2020 / 11:00 pm

OH wow! She does, doesn’t she?!! I hadn’t even thought of that!!! Maybe I could actually make some big money as an artist!!! Call Disney!!! 🤣❤️😊 Thanks the laugh You just gifted! Huge hugs Your way! 💖

• Leon Hieros October 21, 2020 / 2:22 pm

And then I’ll call Νάντια whose talents, like yours our Dearest,
        transcend all seeming barriers of this lovely world 🤗💖👼

• forresting365 October 23, 2020 / 11:59 am

Oh, Leon. You are so far beyond kind!!! Thank You for this absolute sweetness!!! She’s SOOOOOO lovely!!! Sending You so much Love and HUGE hugs!!! 🤗❤️🙏🏼🌀😇💖😊!!!

7. short-prose-fiction October 17, 2020 / 4:46 pm

Such a wonderful painting Katy. It brings warmth into my heart. Happy Saturday to you too. It is Sunday now in your beautiful island?
    xoxoxoxo

8. jonicaggiano October 17, 2020 / 4:09 pm

I love the poem and the painting both ways my friend. Blue has so many lovely meanings for us poets but perhaps she needed to see that smile because so many of us still can’t tell when we are out if people are smiling or not. I have really missed seeing people’s expressions.

Happy Saturday to you my sweet friend. I hope your weekend is full of wonders and laughter. Love and many hugs to you dear Katy and all your firefly friends. 🤗💕❤️🧚‍♀️🦋love Joni

• forresting365 October 17, 2020 / 10:57 pm

OH WOW!!! Joni….I bet You’re right! It’s the Twilight Zone out there and I think I miss seeing everyone’s beautiful faces just as much as I miss hugs! It’s amazing how much our mouths….our entire faces express! You hit the nail on the head, I think!!! And Thank You!!! You are so amazing!!! I’m slower at getting around than You are, but I will be by to read some of Your AMAZING poetry SOON!!! Thank You for all the Love and support!!! I hope Your weekend is full of wonders and laughter as well!! Love and many hugs to You, Sweet Lady!!! 🤗❤️🧚🏽🌀🌟💕😊!

• jonicaggiano October 17, 2020 / 11:10 pm

I miss big hugs too my friend. Someday things may return to normal but I honestly think they will get worse first. That is why your blog is so important for the world right now especially. Everyone needs hope and happiness and you spread both. Love to you, dear friend. 🤗💕❤️😘Joni

• forresting365 October 18, 2020 / 10:53 am

NOOOO! They’re not allowed to get worse! 🤣 We forbid it!!! 😅❤️🤗

• jonicaggiano October 18, 2020 / 1:30 pm

Yea we only want happy thoughts. 🤗💕❤️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🦋🦋hugs Joni

• forresting365 October 19, 2020 / 12:34 pm

Is that a thing? It that even possible?!! You could bottle and sell that, Joni! If You figure it out and do it (particularly with all the madness going on right now!)…the trips to Fiji are on You!!! 😅 Thanks for starting my day with a laugh! You are an absolute delight!!! ❤️❤️❤️

• jonicaggiano October 19, 2020 / 7:56 pm

Well I have the fairy clan working on it. Believe me once they get their friends the mermaids working with the remaining beluga whales, well just start packing now so you can get on the first scheduled trip. Love to you my sweet friend. 🤗💕❤️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜🏽🧜🏽🧞‍♂️🐳🐋🦈Joni

• forresting365 October 20, 2020 / 11:22 am

Ah! We’ll pack our bags! I believe in Your skills!!! 😅❤️🤗🐬🌊!

9. Mizou October 17, 2020 / 4:02 pm

Amazing !!! Love it, Katy !!! 💖 You are so talented !!!👌🥰

• forresting365 October 17, 2020 / 10:17 pm

Ah! I like wistful!!! One of my favorite things about art is that it lands on all of us in such different ways at different times! It’s a living entity that dances through us. Super cool! Thanks, Peter!!! 🤗❤️😊

10. Yleniaely October 17, 2020 / 9:58 am

Absolutely wonderful painting and poem!!! 😍♥️
    I love your art!!! 🥰♥️
    I send you a very big hug full of affection!!! 🤗😘💗💖💝

• forresting365 October 17, 2020 / 10:14 pm

Thank You, Sweet Ely!!! I love YOUR art!!! I send You a very big hug full of affection right back!!! 🤗❤️😊

• Jo October 17, 2020 / 3:03 pm

I was half joking. I didn’t mean it as a critic. 🙂 But in any case, the lady without the blue shadow has a big smile. I like that. Keep the original, though. It’s quite interesting. It could be my screen’s fault that her smile wasn’t visible the first time. Thank you for taking time to show me her true colors. 🙂 💕

• forresting365 October 17, 2020 / 10:50 pm

OH MY GOD!!! I was typing the reply of the century to You!!! And it ERASED!!! Laughing so hard now!!! Ok. I’ve had a glass of wine and very likely shouldn’t be blogging right now but I’m SOOO behind and didn’t have time this morning!!! I’ll bullet-point condense! Here goes:
          1. YOU ROCK!!!! PLEASE stay YOU! I am never, ever offended and never feel critiqued by You!!! 💖
          2. Don’t remember if we knew each other back then and I deleted all the previous art on my blog when I took a long break; but my beautiful man, Bill’s, AMAZING sister Terry died of cancer 2 years ago. NEVER in my life did I think I’d see the Grace she gifted as she died. Almost 6 weeks in hospice….knowing that was her fate. She changed me forever with her humour, Love and Grace while passing.
          3. I drew/wrote much as she was dying about her passage and just her. She loved it all.
          4. I started this drawing when she was dying. It was of her….she was a dancer….but thought it was ugly and never revisited it.
          5. Cleaned my computer recently and found about 20 drawings I had thought the same of. Have been working my way through them.
          6. This looks NOTHING like Terry….it just came out like this. And I loved her. She feels like an Angel to me. I felt so much love and sweetness coming from this drawing.
          7. I AGREED with Your comment!!! Looking at her; imagining not knowing the story or what she looked like without the dark sky…I thought she looked pretty sad and had a good laugh at that….that’s why I wanted to show You what she actually looks like!!!! Also…God knows I spent my Youth exploring/experiencing every colour of life outloud and Lord! I had some intensity to work through and had no pause putting anything out there once I gave myself permission to feel! These days though….been there done that! The world is sad enough and I am fine….the last thing I want to add to the plate is sorrow on any level…although I truly respect all forms of expression!!! It’s just not my interest right now! So I joyfully wanted to share this sweet Angel or whatever’s compassion! And You are sooooo welcome! I cherish Your dear presence!!! And no…it wasn’t Your screen. Okay. I’m off to try and make a dent in all my tardiness! YOU ROCK!!! Cheers and Huge hugs! 🤗❤️🙏🏼💕😊

• Jo October 18, 2020 / 6:30 am

I think you captured the spirit of your sister-in-law perfectly. The lady you painted reminds me of a Disney Princess – beautiful, dainty, fragile, but yet so strong. 💕 All the trials of life shaped you in the artist you are today, Katy. And I like what I see. YOU ROCK!!!! PLEASE stay YOU! 🙂 ❤️

• forresting365 October 18, 2020 / 10:56 am