wabi sabi waltz • acrylic on reclaimed window

This is the same completed piece shot 3 different ways:

mounted on the wall, outside with sunlight shining through it and lastly with fairy lites (which removably mounted) behind it.

pretty much every time i paint there are moments or strokes

where my paints, brushes and i trip over one another and stumble around a bit

laugh fests ensue

my paintings boss me around and always win

it’s a wonderful surrender

i tuck in for the ride and watch what happens

during this first venture on glass….the bumping/laughing/tripping and what in the worlds? never stopped!

i felt like a 3 year old set loose and i reckon it shows…

but oh! what a very fun wabi sabi waltz it was!!!

Happy Saturday, Beautiful People!!!

Thank You, Jo, for Your continued encouragement to paint on glass! I’m very excited about a round window hanging on glass that I’m UBER close to finishing! Posting soon! And while I’m thanking, THANK YOU ALL for Your amazingly loving, super kind and supportive presence here and for all the wonderful things You gift on Your sites!!! Loveliness abounds!!!

All my artwork here is for sale in varying forms on my website: blissbaitart.com

57 thoughts on “wabi sabi waltz • acrylic on reclaimed window

1. Owlstation November 4, 2020 / 3:36 pm

Ooh a fabulous a window, I love the light coming through! And I can relate to your words on getting bossed around by your paints and completely agree that it’s a wonderful surrender! 🙂

• forresting365 November 5, 2020 / 3:17 pm

🤣 Thank You so very much!!! Cheers and here’s to surrendering!!! 😅❤️🤗!

• forresting365 November 1, 2020 / 12:35 pm

You are so kind, Robert! Thank You!!!….my 2nd attempt actually does look like stained glass!!! Can’t wait to post it but I am having a heck of a time getting it sealed….it can hang in a window either way and there are many nooks and crannies to the frame I built. Learning a lot and having so much fun!!! Cheers!!! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 October 31, 2020 / 12:29 pm

Ah! Love that!!! Thank You!!! Happy aloha Saturday morning for You!!! 🌸🌈💕

2. Markus + Micah October 27, 2020 / 8:05 am

This looks super nice and fun to do! Love the colors and how it turned out. Your post actually makes me want to give it a go, too.

• forresting365 October 27, 2020 / 1:10 pm

Thank You!!! It truly IS fun! And man, if You have the space and a leaf blower….You could make crazy magic. I saw some LARGE art pieces on glass in Las Vegas. They looked to me to have been made by thinning out acrylic paint, pouring it and blowing it hither and yon with something VERY powerful like a leaf blower. They were wonderful! I started out trying that on this but my paint was too thick and my hairdryer laughable! But MAN! I’m about to post a second piece that I’m very excited to share. I’ve learned that by REALLY thinning out my paint layers like beautiful stained glass can be achieved, so the third piece I make will be much more of that. It’s such a fun journey! You’ll love playing with glass though!!! I can’t wait to see what You do if You decide to venture into it! Cheers and Bon Voyage!!! 😃❤️🤗

3. Aimer Boyz October 25, 2020 / 11:09 pm

Got to go with the sunlight shining through option. This window could warm up a winter day 🙂

4. Doree October 25, 2020 / 3:46 pm

This is really neat, I love the light shining through 🥰

5. Isabelle October 24, 2020 / 11:39 pm

These beautiful paintings evoke different emotions, Katy ❤️ I love them all and I love the third one best. It’s so deep and intense that it’s like a dramatic movie. So many characters, scenes and stories are hidden behind it…

• forresting365 October 25, 2020 / 1:55 pm

Thank You, beautiful Isabelle!!! And OF COURSE You like the third one best! You just gifted the biggest smile…my deep soul diving, ever mysterious, full moon loving friend!!! 🤗❤️😊!

6. Invisibly Me October 24, 2020 / 6:36 pm

What an uplifting piece to read, and I LOVE your creation! The different setting/lighting really does give it such a varied look. I’d say my favourite is the second, where natural light is going through it. It feels bright and happy. The darker one with the backing against fairy lights, is my second favourite as it feels so warm and interesting! xx

• forresting365 October 25, 2020 / 1:52 pm

Oh wow!!! Thank You very much, Caz!!! Isn’t it crazy how varied it looks?!! I’m with You, I think…and will eventually move it to one of the upstairs windows as it is SO bright and happy in sunlight! Huge hugs!!! 🤗❤️😊

7. Peter's pondering October 24, 2020 / 2:11 pm

A good indication that Light is Life I think.
    I like it that your paintings always win. That is as it should be.

xx

• forresting365 October 25, 2020 / 1:38 pm

Oh wow!!! LOVE that, Peter!!! And right?!! Sending huge hugs Your way! 🤗❤️😊

8. short-prose-fiction October 24, 2020 / 1:35 pm

Wow Katy, Happy Saturday! The colors are unbelievable. They are the colors of the earth and the colors of the sky. They are the colors of the heart and the colors of the poem. Magnificent post. Thank you for sharing. Love. Love. Love. 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

• forresting365 October 25, 2020 / 1:38 pm

You are too sweet!!! Thank You so very much, beautiful Gabriela!!! Sending huge hugs Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊💖😊!!!

• forresting365 October 27, 2020 / 11:59 am

AH! LOVE this!!! Whenever I hear the word “tons” I think of it in measurements of elephants! So the visual that came is of two beautiful elephants joyfully smiling and sauntering my way! I take them, garland them with roses and huge hugs, and send them back to bless the rest of Your week!!! 😃❤️🙏🏼🐘💕!

• short-prose-fiction October 27, 2020 / 12:26 pm

Such a beautiful image Katy. Thank you for bringing love and joy in my life 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗💝💝💝💝💝

• forresting365 October 28, 2020 / 10:39 am

Right back at You! 🤗❤️🌀💕😃!!!

9. Jo October 24, 2020 / 12:32 pm

So it’s the same window in different stages of painting. The pic in the middle is the best. I mean I like the way the sun lights it. And if I look closely, I distinguish different shapes, like watching the shape of the clouds in the sky. Most definitely it gets one thinking. 🍀🌼💮💕

• forresting365 October 25, 2020 / 1:29 pm

Actually the same finished painting in 3 different kinds of lighting! One of my favorite things about art is how different the same piece looks throughout the day as the light finds it/dances around it/and leaves it. But glass! WOW! That’s a whole ‘nother wonderful ballpark! Looks CRAZY different in any light You place it in! I can’t wait to post the other piece I’ve done so far. It’s pretty rockin’! And You know, I’ve had a bunch of windows for years that I didn’t know what to do with….so THANK AGAIN, Jo!!! I already have a really cool idea for my next venture into windowdom! Sending huge hugs!!! 🤗❤️😊

• Jo October 25, 2020 / 6:54 pm

I’m glad you’re having fun. 💕 So you say it’s nothing different between the three images? Wow! Lightning changes everything. I think it’s cool to have painted windows. One has a different view in different moments of the day. When you feel confident enough, you should paint at least one window of your house. 🙂

• forresting365 October 26, 2020 / 2:51 pm

Yeah….right?!! Light is everything!!! 💖💖💖

10. Yleniaely October 24, 2020 / 11:58 am

Absolutely magnificent!!!! 🤩🤩🤩 I love your wonderful art!!! ♥️
    I send you a very big hug full of affection and have a wonderful weekend!!! 😍😘❤️🤗🌹

• forresting365 October 25, 2020 / 1:23 pm

You’re the sweetest, Ely!!! I love Your art as well!!! Thank You!!! Sending You a very big hug full of affection right back!!! 🤗❤️🌸🌟🦋💕😊!