Happy Saturday, Beautiful People!

I refuse to waste paint so anytime I’ve squeezed too much onto my palette and have leftover, I paint nonsense on an empty board or two that I have laying around. They’re there for that purpose and always ultimately become paintings themselves. This is one of those. It went through a horribly ugly stage for a quite while (all my paintings do! 🤣) and then, recently, BAMMO! This beautiful scene emerged! Yay!!!

As this painting finally was taking form and winding down, Little River Band’s song ‘Reminiscing’ would take my mind hostage every time I sat down to work on it.

My beautiful man and I went to see them in concert a few years ago and they were WONDERFUL! We danced and sang and had a blast! I shall now plant this song in Your brain! 😅 Enjoy!

Cheers and Hugs all around!

wanna gift/wear my art in over 80 forms? check out my Redbubble shop!

65 thoughts on ““…and reminiscing…” • acrylic on reclaimed wood/14½” x 22″ (approx. 36.83cm x 55.88cm)

1. Deeksha Pathak January 24, 2021 / 9:01 am

You know Katy, I guess you should keep squeezing slightly extra paint always if leftovers create such beautiful creations!!!

• forresting365 January 24, 2021 / 1:41 pm

Awww!!! You are the absolute sweetest!!! Thank You, beautiful Deeksha! Huge hugs Your way! 🤗❤️😊

• forresting365 January 20, 2021 / 2:50 pm

Thank You, Leyla!!! Your amazing flower shots all-ways! blow my mind! Huge hugs!!! 🤗❤️😊

2. Doree January 19, 2021 / 6:34 pm

Enjoying where my imagination takes me with this piece 🥰

3. spiritualfantasia January 16, 2021 / 10:33 pm

Wow! So much magic. I feel electrified by the colors! I didn’t have the patience to listen to the whole song even though it was very good. Haha! 🙂

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:46 pm

Hey Linda!!! Thank You very much and absolutely no worries at all!!! Listening to that song can be a dangerous thing! It seriously gets caught up in my head and will not leave for hours!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha!!! 🤣❤️🤗

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:44 pm

Thank You very much, lovely Hanna!!! Sending hugs Your way!!! 🤗❤️😊

4. Invisibly Me January 16, 2021 / 5:33 pm

Such a mellow but uplifting song, isn’t it? And this is a beautiful painting, Katy, I never would have guessed it started out from just wanting to use up leftover paint! I love the variety of colours and the delicate detail. I wonder what those two down by the houses were thinking about while they wave up to us. “Bet you wish you were here!” xx

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:43 pm

Aw!!! Thank You for all of this, Caz!!! And yes…it IS such a mellow but uplifting song…You totally nailed it. I bet they are thinking that! They should send us all tickets so we can go and have a huge dance party in the village under the moon!!! Right?!! I hope You’re having a wonderful weekend!!! 🤗❤️😊!

5. Aimer Boyz January 16, 2021 / 4:24 pm

Hard to believe this started out with leftover paint! Love the sky, the moon just sitting there…might have to get out and look at the real thing tonight 🙂

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:41 pm

Thank You very much, Aimer!!! And YES!!! ME TOO!!! I used to be a lot better about getting outside and looking at the moon!!! This must be remedied! We’ll make a pact!!! 🤗❤️😊

6. ellie894 January 16, 2021 / 3:53 pm

My mind has been taken hostage! 🎶😄. And I adore your lovely village! What a beautiful gift of “leftover” paint. 🎉🧸🏝🎨🌷🍄🦄🦋. Hugs! 🤗💞

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:40 pm

Thank You very much, beautiful Suzanne!!! And You just gifted a huge laugh!!! I can just picture our minds bopping around eternally in the popcorn machine of this song as our morning glories grow out of control!!! 🤣 I hope You’re having a wonderful weekend! 🤗💖🎉🎼💃🏼🌈🌻💝😊!

• ellie894 January 17, 2021 / 3:53 pm

Eternal popcorn bopping!! Yea, please!!! It is a beautiful weekend here. Hope it is for you as well and that it will bring both peaceful moments and silly inspiring ones!!!! 🎶💃🌟🦄🕊🤗❤️!!!

• forresting365 January 18, 2021 / 1:20 pm

Oh, yes!!! It was BEAUTIFUL here this weekend as well and this day is looking like it’s going to follow suit! YAY! I hope the same is happening in Your neck of the woods!!! Let’s run with the whole peaceful moments and silly inspiring ones wrapped in sunshine hugs this week as we joyfully bop along to the popcorn popping!!! 😃🎶💃🌟🦄🕊🤗❤️🌴🎉💐✨😇💖🤗!

• ellie894 January 19, 2021 / 1:13 pm

Wonderful!! Rainy here today but that’s alright. The flowers and the trees need that as much as sunshine! Joyfully bopping to the popcorn popping popping never gonna stopping sing song song!!! Hugs and happy Tuesday Sweet Katy!!! 🎉🌟🎸🎶✨🌙🕊❤️🤗❤️

• forresting365 January 20, 2021 / 2:34 pm

Ahhhh. Yes! Thanks for this, beautiful Suzanne!!! I’m gonna tuck Your sweet song into my heart today and play it over and over! It can pitter patter through my thoughts like the rain and the popppppppppp corn!!! Sending You so Much Love and hopes Your Wednesday gifts Your lovely heart lots of smiles!!! 💖🐬🌟🎉🌻🦋🤗!!!

• ellie894 January 21, 2021 / 3:08 pm

Wednesday found my morning glory seeds!!!! And some zinnias and…. I love flowers! I just need more time and sun but I’m set for the glorious morning gloriouses! 😂Have a stupendously lovely one Katy. Hugs!!! 💫🦋🎶✨🤗💞

• forresting365 January 24, 2021 / 1:30 pm

OH YAY!!!! So fun! And me too!!! Ok. This is the year! I hope You have a stupendously lovely one as well, Suzanne!!! Huge hugs right back at Your beautiful self!!! 😊💖🌻🦋💐💕🤗

• ellie894 January 24, 2021 / 2:33 pm

💕🤗💕🦋

7. balladeer January 16, 2021 / 3:09 pm

Even with your leftovers you create things that are beyond so many others!

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:38 pm

You are so very kind, Good Sir!!! Thank You, Balladeer!!! I hope Y’all are having a most wonderful weekend!!! 🤗❤️😊

8. linienspiel January 16, 2021 / 12:59 pm

Great colours and a lovely scene ❣️
    Beautiful music! ❤️🎼
    Have a nice weekend! Sending huge hugs. 🤗 Thank you and cheers! 😊❤️

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:35 pm

Thank You very much, Beate!!! I’m happy You like it!!! I hope You have a nice weekend as well!!! Sending huge hugs right back to You, beautiful!!! 🤗❤️😊🎼🌟

9. Isabelle January 16, 2021 / 11:43 am

What a beautiful village! The night sky, the lake and the shining moon make it purely magical. Could you spot my little cottage, Katy? One of those with a purple roof? I’m standing right behind the tiny window and waving to you two. 🤗🌝✨💞💞

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:34 pm

Awww! Thank You so very much, sweet Isabelle!!! And….Why, YES!!! There You are!!! We are waving back!!! 💖🤗💐😊💕!

10. Peter's pondering January 16, 2021 / 11:33 am

I really love this painting Katy. There is so much to see, so many paths to follow, and so many surprises to discover. Perfect music to accompany my meanderings too. Thank you.

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:32 pm

Thank You, Sir Peter!!! I’m so happy You like it and YAY!!! I was able to offer music back to he who gifts A LOT of amazing music!!! Smiling hugely here!!! 🤗❤️😊

11. Jo January 16, 2021 / 9:23 am

Your painting reminds me of a movie… I don’t recall its name, it could have been an adaptation of Jules Verne’s A Journey to the Center of the Earth. Anyway the characters arrive to the center of the Earth and they find a beautiful world, similar to the one you painted. So yes, I’m reminiscing as well. 🙂

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:31 pm

OH!!! I love that movie!!! Wow. Haven’t seen that in a billion years but I know exactly what You’re talking about. That’s pretty cool!!! Thank You!!! And yes….yes You are reminiscing as well!!! Huge hugs to You, sweet Jo!!! 🤗❤️😊

12. Elaine January 16, 2021 / 8:55 am

I love this painting Katy it has so much colour and detail. ❤️❤️❤️

13. Diana January 16, 2021 / 8:07 am

Wow, Katy that is just simply awesome!!!! What a painting!! I love to see tiny towns in paintings.. It gives me so much happiness!! Stay blessed my dear. And lot of hugs and love to you ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗💐

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:29 pm

Thank You, beautiful Diana!!! And me too! I don’t know what it is about that scenario but it always makes me happy as well!!! Stay blessed also, my friend!!! Huge hugs are coming right back to You!!! 🤗❤️💐🌟🌹💖😊!

14. Yleniaely January 16, 2021 / 7:49 am

Wooowwww!!!! 🤩🤩 Absolutely magnificent painting!!! 😍💞❤️💞❤️ I send you a very big hug full of affection and have a wonderful weekend!!! 😘🤗💞🌟💞🌟💞🌹💫

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:27 pm

Awww!!! THANK YOU, beautiful Ely!!! I’m sending You a VERY big hug full of affection and wishes that You’re having a wonderful weekend right back!!! 🤗💖🌹🌈🌻🐬💐💝😊!!!

15. Shashank Narayan January 16, 2021 / 7:23 am

The painting is so cool 😎👍 full moon 🌕 night 🌃 a town or village near a blue river and I can see you in the pink holding hands of your dearest one ☝ music is on I guess and dance dance 💃🕺👯 🤣have a happy weekend Katy 🙂

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:24 pm

Thank You, Shashank!!! You know what’s funny? I’d wanted to paint a lady with long black hair but the hair kept blending her into the background and I couldn’t make it pop….so changed it to blond. My man’s hair is gray and I was laughing as I finished this and realized, “Ah. It looks Iike I was painting us! 🤣 And YES!!! Dance, dance, dance!!! Always!!! Cheers and huge hugs to You! I hope You are having a happy weekend as well!!! 🤗❤️🎼💃🏼🕺🏼🌟💖!

• Shashank Narayan January 17, 2021 / 2:26 pm

😂😂 that’s funny you turned girl into a blonde because of the background 😂😂 . Yeah I went outside the college campus and when I returned they quarantined me again 😂😂 twice in last three months so spending my most of the time with movies and playing games😍😍🤣 have great time Katy and Namastey from my side to your Mr. Gray hair 😝😝

• forresting365 January 18, 2021 / 1:10 pm

Yep! “…because of background” or truly, more-like my lack of skill and patience!!! 😂And Aw man! Sorry You are quarantined again! There’s A LOT of that going on all over the world, isn’t there? 🤣 Lord have mercy! I think we are about to get slammed with some more quarantines here in the USA as well. I hope You’re seeing some great movies!!! I had a crazy LAZY day yesterday of doing just that….but it was just laziness. 🤣 Happy gaming and I love Your laughing attitude! You gifted me some laughter with it! Thank You! And my Mr. Gray hair, Bill, is going to laugh at being called that. He’s 61. You’d never know it…but every once in a while, in a craggly old man voice he’ll just randomly shout out, “I’m 61!!!” 🤣🤣🤣 Cheers and Huge hugs Your way! Hang in there!!! 🤗💕🙏🏼💕😃!

• Shashank Narayan January 19, 2021 / 4:05 pm

🤣🤣 I found Mr. Gray Bill so cool 😎 next time draw Mr. Gray hair with Beer 🍻 glass in hand with a black goggles 👓 on 😂🤣 and print that on a t-shirt. I’m waiting to see that art 🎨 😝😝 have a great week ahead Katy!! You know one thing whenever I type Katy my phone dictionary suggest Perry as you title 😝😝🤣🤣 Katy Perry one of my favorite singer 👩‍🎤 too 🌹💐🙂 you both are an artist that’s so cool 😎👍

• forresting365 January 20, 2021 / 2:49 pm

Bill did get a chuckle out of that! 🤣 He more-like wears wire rimmed glasses (when he wears them!) and drinks “pilsners” 🤣. He WOULD make a cool t-shirt, though!!! Thanks for the laugh You’ve just gifted!!! Smiling also that Katy Perry comes up. That’s fun! She rocks!!! Cheers! I hope You have a wonderful rest of the week! 😃💕😊

16. Kritika January 16, 2021 / 6:26 am

The colourful houses and the river and the moon shining bright. Its an awesome painting. Love it.
    I noticed a boy and a girl too.

• forresting365 January 17, 2021 / 12:15 pm

Thank You very much, Kritika!!! Yeah…I had initially meant to make a village full of people and cats and dogs and chickens and activity….but after the village was painted….just wanted a couple in the moonlight…😅 Cheers! 🤗❤️😊

17. Krishna January 16, 2021 / 5:34 am